Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's Halloween . . .

And usually that sends me into fits of joy because it means I get to wear a COSTUME! Here are a couple of my favorites from the early 90's - Me as Kali Ma and me as Medusa. I love getting to dress up . . . and I love taking clothes to bizarre extremes. Almost as much as I love hanging out in a pair of baggy jeans and an old sweatshirt.



















But, times change and everything moves in cycles. I've been on a bit of a break from full out costumery the past few years - I've been channeling all that creative juice into other endeavors. Like making moldable foam stamps (more on that tomorrow).

But in the spirit of the season, and recent bloggin' posts, here's a late 90's shot of me and L dressed as the Supreme Geeks for an All Goddess House Party. (L is currently deep undercover as a Suburban Housewife, so I am taking pains here to protect her identity . . . )

5 comments:

gl. said...

bridget, those costumes are inspiring. you have such great ideas & the skill to make them happen. lovely, lovely, lovely!

futuregirl said...

Those first two are super awesome and perfectly elaborate! I love the extra set of arms whose hands are holding things. If I ever dress up again, I might steal that. :)

Bridget said...

Thanks, gl and futuregirl! And feel free to steal - I tried to photoshop out the strings going from my arms to the fake arms on the Kali Ma costume, but you can still see them - and a bad photoshop smudge ;) I used dental floss to connect the arms - it's the sturdiest thread around! (learned that one from my Dad!) So, steal away - and do send me a picture!!

gl. said...

why did you photoshop them out? let us see how things are made! :D

Bridget said...

Ok . . . good point!

ShareThis