Monday, October 22, 2007

Geeks on the Road


The Sweetie and I hit the road this weekend - Friday night, we went and saw Transformers on a five-story IMAX screen thanks to tickets scored by his brother - wow. We got there early - as per The Sweetie's instructions - so that we could get good seats in the very center. Mission accomplished! And while we waited, I dragged The Sweetie into a photo booth for an Amelie moment. He is such a good sport . . .

Then, we were off to Bend in Central Oregon on a mission of mercy. The Sweetie's grandmother had a computer that no longer worked . . . and it was our job to rescue her from this horrible fate. I did my part by eating Grandma's cinnamon rolls and pineapple pie and bacon and pan fried chicken (I am SO tortured!) while The Sweetie took apart her old computer and the donor computer, Sara, getting data transferred and making sure everything worked. So, I gained about ten pounds and Grandma has Sara, a spiffy new-to-her computer that will help her collect and print out cool photos of the relatives - and maybe even get broadband! And the old computer has come back to Portland to find a new life as a Free Geek donation.

I believe everyone should have a creative outlet; The Sweetie believes everyone should have a computer with high speed internet access. Sometimes they're the same thing.

2 comments:

gl. said...

pineapple pie? oh, god, it all sounds delicioumas. is sara named after someone?

Bridget said...

The pineapple pie was awesome - and The Sweetie tells me he named the computer Sara because he liked the name, not that she was named after someone in particular . . . I have to admit it's a pretty friendly name! Kind of like Trixie . . .

ShareThis