Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Collage Materials - Delivered!


They're not really collage materials in the traditional sense of the word - they're vegetables. And they came to my house via Pioneer Organics. Yet, there they are - delivered - and I've been taking "glamour shots" of them to incorporate into my collage work. I love working with images of vegetables and fruits (kind of like skulls and birds, but different). This photo frenzy? It's all part of my transition to using only my own and public domain images in my mixed media art so that I can publish and reproduce my work. I really want to respect the work of other artists . . . and the food shots in Real Simple have been so tempting . . . their photographers have a genius for capturing the natural beauty of produce. Those images are now relegated to use only in my personal journals! So - I must learn to do my own! Next up: creating my own images of hands and lipsticks . . . then maybe I can finish the mandala I started in the first Artmaking as Playful Prayer Class this fall!

4 comments:

gl. said...

awesome, bridget. especially "using only my own and public domain images in my mixed media art so that I can publish and reproduce my work."

Bridget said...

Thank you! I'm so good at taking everyone else's work seriously - feels like it's time to take my own work seriously ;)

Ann Marie said...

You can get organic produce delivered to your door in Portland.

We can get manure. And pizza. Bad pizza.

Bridget said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure you can get manure and bad pizza delivered in Portland, too.

ShareThis