Saturday, March 15, 2008

Travel Work: In Process

I take a lot of photos when I travel - some good, some not so good. From August of 2001 to March of 2002, I spent time traveling in Southeast Asia - Cambodia, Bali, Thailand, Nepal, Singapore, Malaysia. I have a lot of photos of that time, and I've been wanting to do something with them. A few months ago, I took an image transfer on fabric class, and I've been playing with the different techniques using some of those photos.

This past week has been a studio-intensive week, and I've been trying to get a few of the SE Asia "Baggage" pieces (as I think of them) in a state where I could display them. This piece includes some of my photos and collected emphemera from Nepal along with some of my hand-printed fabric. It still needs to be quilted and have a hanging sleeve, so there's no way it's going to be ready to hang this weekend:



But this piece, which features photos I took while visiting Angkor Wat in Cambodia, just needs a little bit more detail work, some stitching, and then to be stretched on canvas stretchers, as I'm not going to quilt it. This one I'm hoping to have ready.

Ok, back to the studio!

2 comments:

d said...

i like both of these a lot, but especially the second one. gorgeous.

futuregirl said...

They are both beautiful. I love what you did with them. :)

ShareThis