Friday, February 12, 2010

Crafty Ideas from Anthropologie: Spring!


I've been doing a lot of tidying around here. Spring cleaning, almost. I finally got my hard drive backed up, and I've spent the better part of two days of washing plastic bottle caps in preparation for some new projects. Thanks to the awesome folks at MacForce, I was also finally able to get a bunch of photos off of my iPhone and into my computer!

So how does this all connect? Some of the pictures were of the latest window display at Anthropologie, and they're very much inspiring some of my new work with reclaimed materials. Anthropologie has wonderful window displays - and they often feature recycled materials. I snapped these just a few weeks ago, and this time around they've used cut up plastic bottles to create Spring-inducing flower arrangements.



Check out the bicycle on display with flowers in the spokes! It looks like the designer may have used pastel or white spray paint to bring out the pastel colors . . .

No comments:

ShareThis