Monday, December 15, 2008

Walking in a Crafty Wonderland . . .

Part of why I love Portland, Oregon is that for 11 months out of the year, the temperature hovers between 50 and 80 degrees. Warm enough for sandals and sundresses in the summer; cool enough for boots and sweaters in the winter. Only rarely do we swelter, and only rarely do we get snow or below freezing temperatures.

Rarely.

Which is not the same as never.

This year, one of our allotted two weeks of real winter weather just happened to coincide with the big holiday Crafty Wonderland event. And I have to say, people of Portland, I am impressed. In spite of a strong discomfort with icky weather, about 3000 people wandered through the event at the Oregon Convention Center . . .and some of them even bought stuff from me! Cool! Er, below freezing, really.


Here's my silly display of buttons and bauble rings . . .



It was a good day. Loading up to go home, I noticed my tire was a little low. I still managed to get my chains on - a very proud moment for me!

And the next day, it was almost completely flat. It's still kind of a cool picture, though, eh?

2 comments:

gl. said...

i'm glad you made it there & back! we couldn't get off the hill. :P

claudia said...

wow, that is so illegal in Quebec!
we would completely kill our streets with that.

ShareThis