Friday, January 18, 2013

In the Studio




I spent the day in the studio today.  Cleaning up.  Sorting.  Unpacking boxes from my last traveling teaching gig - in October of 2012.  Things had gotten so out of control in there that I've been scared to go in - it's felt really overwhelming.  

I've done some collage over the past few weeks - but I've done it in the living room.

And no, I didn't paint today - I've got to find all my tools and make space to actually work in there first!  These are just some old pieces that I found and photographed today.



For whatever reason, I find them totally amusing.  And inspiring.  They're fun process painting pieces that I did years ago.  It makes me curious what else is in me, waiting to come out!




2 comments:

Adrianne in Portland said...

Love them! Inspiring me to go down to the basement studio today. Same thing - have to sort through the piles and clear the desk.

Bridget said...

Hurray, Adrianne! I'm so excited for the new year - it really feels like things are starting to move!

ShareThis