Sunday, February 28, 2010

Encaustics in West Linn

The Portland Chapter of the International Encaustic Artists has a lot of amazing artists in it . . . If you missed our show at the West Linn Library, I just want to give you a little taste . . .


The variety of the work is amazing!


A lovely piece by Susan Freedman.


Chicken portraits by Shannon McBride, art teacher in Lake Oswego School District.



Beautiful arctic landscapes by Kimberly Kent, the only plein air encaustic painter I know!


A piece by the talented Linda Womack - author of the highly recommended encaustic how-to book Embracing Encaustic.


A few of my little pieces on the left, and a big beautiful piece from Amy Stoner.

Some lovely encaustic photos from Vicki Moser, who is also a wonderful graphic designer.


More encaustics by Vicki Moser, as well as expressive works by Robyn Bogardus.


Deeply textured, organic work by Manuela Kalestiantz.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

I probably would have known about this if I was better about reading my newsletter, huh....

ShareThis