Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How the Knittn' Kitten Made My Holiday


The holidays may be long gone, but I have to tell you that I'm still getting a lot of joy from what the holidays brought me. There is, of course, the extremely lovely hand-knit hat and scarf set from my great-aunt Billie, a print of my dear friend Leslie's painting Divide, a super-cool t-shirt from the Sweetie that says "And Buffy Staked Edward. The End." Oh, and let's not forget the air compressor and hand-beaded necklace from the in-laws! EEEK! All my crafty, arty, and geeky bits were well taken care of.

The real joy, though, is that I had a little bit of time to make some gifts for family and friends - of course, that also meant that I didn't post on the blog at all in December! I was way too busy making things like the tea towel in the picture above to blog about it . . .

Back in the fall, you may remember me talking about local crafters getting together and coming up with free project sheets to support our favorite craft supply thrift store, Knittn' Kitten. There were a lot of cool projects that came out of that effort. In fact, you can hop right on over here and pick up a FREE .pdf that includes all of the projects! The one that caught my eye, though, was a stash-busting, tea-towel decorating project from Sister Diane over at Craftypod. I picked up a huge bundle of cotton dish towels from IKEA and the Dollar Store, and started hunting through my fabric stash. Look at the cool bird and handwriting fabric in these!


I made at least one for almost everybody on my list, and even had energy left over to make a few for myself! I'm so glad to find a way to feature the vintage kitchen fabric in these! Check out those cups!


Now, with any luck, I'll be able to get back to a more regular posting schedule . . .

2 comments:

gl. said...

i loved my towel, bridget!

Diane Gilleland said...

Wowee, I love all the pretty variation you created! And I'm thrilled that the project was useful to you.

I'll bet there are lots of people walking around in new doily scarves this year!

ShareThis