Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Swap Time!

About eight months ago, fresh from the joy of the Holiday Ornament Swap, I signed up for a 9-9-09 postcard swap!

I got my list of swap partners via Swap-bot about a week ago. When I go to the post office today, I'll be mailing cards to Serbia, Canada, Sweden, and all over the U.S.! How cool is that?


So, I wanted a postcard that was original, but still said, well, "Portland." Using my newly honed Photoshop skills, I took a scanned image of a Portland map and a photo I took of the St. Johns Bridge, and overlaid them. After all, what's more Portland than the river and its bridges? I printed the digital collages out, and then attached them to some self-adhesive postcard backs called PhotoPostos that I found in my stash. Presto Posto! Swap accomplished. Now off to the post office.

3 comments:

Alea Bone said...

Cool image. Isn't Photoshop fun!

Adrianne in Portland said...

Do you send one to yourself as a keepsake? Love the image.

Anonymous said...

that is such a fantastic idea.
I can never get enough of all the things you can do with photoshop :)

ShareThis