Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Life of Order

Back in January, inspired by the success I had reorganizing the studio, I decided to tackle the office. With the Sweetie's help, I moved the desk and got the computer and the printer set up. That was a month ago. Not a lot of progress has been made since then.



I've mad a few attempts to organize my on-going projects by income stream and gather up my '08 tax info. I also painted the bulletin boards to make them more . . . appealing. They have yet to go up on the wall, though, in part because I really want to paint the wall. There's also an embarrassingly large stack of papers on the floor that need to be sorted.


I've been attempting to sort out my books, and have this empty bookshelf to show for it. I managed to buy a wall calendar so that I could see the year-at-a-glance, but it's still on the floor, along with some unused exercise equipment. There is also a stack of stuff that I cleared out of the studio that needs to be given away or go up on on Craig's List or otherwise gotten rid of.


Ah, yes, and here we see all the books that are laid out for sorting, along with some furniture that needs to be put together. I've also got a bookcase full of photo albums and unsorted photos that I keep meaning to deal with . . . someday.



So what does all of this mean for you? One, I'm really hoping that showing you this will help me stay on top of the organizing . . . and Two, I'm clearing a lot of things out. Like some art and craft books. And extra supplies from the studio.

And they'll be showing up as give-aways on the blog over the next few weeks . . . cause, who doesn't love free stuff?

3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I love the fact that there is no super organised "after" picture at the end of this post! For real! Makes me feel less organisationally inadequate :D
Thank you!

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

Diane Gilleland said...

Go, You! It always feels great when it's over.

gl. said...

you're a brave woman, bridget! but even your disorganization is inspiring!

ShareThis