Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Re-Raveling: Texture

Here's my final report from Art Unraveled, now that I've had a chance to fully re-ravel after the revelry . . . it's amazing how much being "on" for a week can take out of you! I took one more class, this time with Jacqueline Sullivan and this time all about creating textures with acrylics. We used cheesecloth, books, modeling paste, aluminum foil, tissue paper, and many secret techniques which I cannot reveal to you here, but which were a lot of fun. It felt like a good compliment to the exploring I've been doing in the book Acrylic Revolution by Nancy Reyner.




This also makes me excited about ArtFest . . . I really got into some texture techniques there last year, and registration starts soon . . . I'm trying to figure out how to work in an abstract acrylic techniques class with Mary Beth Shaw and a class with Bee Shay . . .

1 comment:

Dayna Collins said...

Bridget, I'm in the process of trying to decide what classes to take at ArtFest, too! Beautiful pieces that you made at Art Unraveled! Dayna

ShareThis