Monday, November 19, 2007

For Ann

Seven Random or Weird Facts About Me

1. I once summitted the Grand Teton. I was with the then-greatest love of my life, who got a pulmonary edema on the way down. And we also got lost. There is no greater reality check than realizing that you are lost in the dark on a mountain in October and you are repelling down into a crevasse that you cannot see the bottom of - and that you are doing all of this with a man who has blood in his lungs.

2. I once led a 5.10 sport climb at Smith Rock. Not such a big deal in the world of rock-climbing, but a very big deal to me at the time.

3. I won a Dead Poet’s Slam by portraying Richard Brautigan and reading a very carefully edited selection from Trout Fishing in America.

4. I have read my own poetry on the radio – twice. One of those times resulted in a series of rather disturbing phone calls from an inmate of the Oregon Penitentiary.

5. I had my toilet paper stolen from me by a monkey in the Sacred Monkey Forest in Ubud, Bali. I was surrounded by Japanese tourists at the time. I still do not know if I appeared on any episodes of "Japan's Funniest Home Videos."

6. I own a Limited Edition Battle Scar Angel Puppet Replica doll. It is from the episode where Angel got turned into a puppet, but could still fight. Also, I am not embarrassed to say that I own this.

7. My coolest moment as a market researcher was going to Pixar and interviewing animators regarding their pen tablet input device preferences. I don't think I am violating any confidentiality agreements when I say parallax is a big issue.

7 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Oh, some people don't like to wait, huh?

I now retract my astonishment at your hill-climbing capabilities as a teen; it's obviously in your blood. I can only imagine scaling a mountain if there's a spa at the top... nope, not even then.

And it's nice to know that our primate friends are concerned with personal hygiene.

Bridget said...

I can only say that my patience is a solid match for your own, dear friend.

Bridget said...

Oh . . . I just read Pollyanna's post, and I get the rest of it . . . I was supposed to tag seven people. I didn't do that. And I'm not sure they were really random facts. I mean, I was digging for interesting things. Digging. Perhaps I am thinking about this too much.

gl. said...

fascinating! i don't do a lot of memes, but i like this one for some reason. it seems doable. have you seen the "10 things you like about yourself" meme yet? :)

btw, i don't know if you were reading scarlet letters when sven & i answered these questions:

me: http://www.scarletstarstudios.com/blog/archives/2007/06/seven_random_things_no_more_and_no_less.html

sven: http://www.scarletstarstudios.com/blog/archives/2007/06/seven_random_things.html

Bridget said...

gl: I guess this means I can't tag you? or sven? Hmmm . . . maybe I'll let this one fade out with me . . . and then I'll invent my own! Mwaaahaaahaaa (insert evil laugh here).

Bridget said...

Ann: It is interesting to note, however, that both of those things (climbing mountains with rope and on bicycles) were done for the sake of folks I was in love with. I love hiking (I will do that totally on my own) and would really like to do more snorkeling and kayaking (in a warm place) and I still ride my bike ocassionally - but while I enjoyed rock climbing and have done it since he and I broke up, I really feel no strong need to keep at it. Another one of my exes is in the process of climbing the highest mountain on each continent. The Sweetie? Not so much. Thank heavens.

Michael5000 said...

I was trying to decide which ones were "random" and which ones were "weird." So, you aren't the only one thinking about it too much.

ShareThis