Wednesday, September 26, 2007

5 of My 15 Minutes - Gone!

So, I used up 5 of my 15 minutes of fame this morning - and it was a lot of fun! If you want to see me in all of my plump-a-licious craft-o-ramic glory - and learn the bare bones basics of Memory Jewelry, check out this link to the video on the KATU "Seen on AM Nortwest" section of their web site . . . Driving home, I was imagining all the possibilities: My own regular segment . . . or maybe a guest appearance on DIY TV . . . or even my own TV show: The Craft-A-Zons, where me and my friends Linda and Kristin and Gretchin get all dressed up in super-hero costumes and save the day with our mega crafty moves! Or maybe we're under-cover crafty spies, sneaking into corporate headquarters around the globe, inspiring people to stitch sock monsters during meetings, thereby releasing tension and increasing humor and creativity in workplaces worldwide! Or maybe we go in to moderate the Middle East crisis by sitting Israel and Palestine down to a good old-fashioned craft-off . . . Ok, a girl can dream, can't she?

4 comments:

gl. said...

watched the video: you looked great, bridget! i loved the little infographic: "bridget benton: craft expert." :D

Bridget said...

Wouldn't it be cool if we all had real-life mouseovers, like I could walk up to you and wave my hand and "Gretchin Lair: Creative Advocate and Lover of Cool Fonts" would appear in white type over your head?

gl. said...

is that what our superhero powers will be? :)

btw, there's already a crafty superhero group in town:
http://www.pdxsupercrafty.com/

it amuses me to think we might be a rival art superhero group, like the justice league vs. the xmen or something. ;)

Bridget said...

Yeah! I remembered PDXSuperCrafty after I did the post - perhaps subliminal memory? - and was thinking I needed to link to them! Thanks for taking care of that! Hopefully, it won't come down to a glue-gun duel . . .

ShareThis