Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Re-Raveling

I just got back from Art Unraveled in Phoenix, Arizona. I was helping Linda Womack teach a few encaustic classes . . . and yeah, we both look a little spacey after traveling and teaching two classes and schlepping 107 pounds of stuff, but we had a great time! And we both got a chance to relax by the pool . . . no pictures of us in swimsuits, though . . . this picture is embarrassing enough!



Linda blogs about it here, and shares a lot of the art the students made. One of the best things about teaching is seeing students get excited and try new things . . . Linda did a bunch of demos (including an amazing thing with paper napkins) and I answered a lot of questions and played Vanna White with the art materials. Here's some of the awesome things the students made after only a few hours playing with the beeswax and collage materials . . .






Wow!

4 comments:

futuregirl said...

Wow ... those are awesome. I especially like the blue and yellow round one. It's mesmerizing. You guys must be kick-ass teachers!

BoneFolder said...

I don't know what class I had that Linda's classes were opposite, but Shoshanah and I are SO sorry we didn't take them. Next year for sure. Linda better be there.

gl. said...

welcome back! that's a cute picture of you two. :)

Amy Stoner said...

Hey there! It was absolutely fab meeting you at the IEA meeting on Friday. And I know this is an old post of yours, but I just had to say I LOVE that last piece on here...bitchin' cool!

ShareThis